• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Discord is Rolling Out a Cheaper Nitro Basic Plan With a Cheap Price and Solid Features

According to TechRadar, Discord is currently offering a Nitro Basic plan in the UK for $2.99 a month starting today. The plan is currently limited to UK users and is only offered on the desktop app.  Discord appears to be planning to bring the plan to iOS next but overall we do not have any released windows.

TL:DR:

• Currently only in the UK and planned for iOS next.
  • Costs $2.99 a month (at least for now).
  • Gives users custom and animated emojis.
  • Also provides increased upload size, special stickers, and a special badge.

The plan is geared towards daily users of Discord who do not want to spend the $9.99 a month for their full range of features and perks.  The will increase a user's upload limit to 20MB per file along with allowing users to use custom and animated emoji across servers.  It also offers a special Nitro Basic badge and special stickers.  

These features are actually very practical and useful for those who use Discord on a regular basis but are not involved enough to want server boosts and the suite of other perks offered by the full plan.  The timing of this plan may have to do with the addition of Xbox and PlayStation Discord apps and the massive user base that should provide the service.

Overall, $2.99 a month would be much more appealing to users not wanting to drop over $100 a year into a free chat service.  However, nothing of this new service is confirmed to be the final global release of Nitro Basic.

View full article

• 2 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

On 9/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, ZandraJoi said:

I know of many who like using Discord but I never signed up for it. For those who use it, does it resemble Social Media or a Forum?

It's more like IRC, with voice chat and some forum-like features. For example, each Discord server includes multiple channels, which can have forum-like 'threads' in them. 

Myself, I find that Discord is good for quick chatter, but not for more long-form discussions (forums are better for that).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, Kyng said:

It's more like IRC, with voice chat and some forum-like features. For example, each Discord server includes multiple channels, which can have forum-like 'threads' in them. 

Myself, I find that Discord is good for quick chatter, but not for more long-form discussions (forums are better for that).

Agreed. You can't really post a good subject and come back in a few to add to the conversation and they likely moved on already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1