• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you buy physical media anymore?

Do you buy physical media?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy movies, CDs, etc.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

AdSense Advertisement

We do. My husband buys CDs the most from other garage sales. Then he downloads them to his Mp3 & we then put them in our own garage sale 🙂 Same with movies. Although there are a few movies I have kept i.e. The Twilight Series, The Pretender, The Fifth Element, the majority we buy for $1, watch at our leisure, then sell them for the same price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, there are certainly advantages to getting physical copies. With something like Netflix, you don't really 'own' anything: you just get access to the shows and movies they give you, and they can take them away whenever they want. Even with something like Steam, you lose all your games if the company ever goes bust. Which they haven't yet, but it is a bit of a worry...

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kyng said:

Well, there are certainly advantages to getting physical copies. With something like Netflix, you don't really 'own' anything: you just get access to the shows and movies they give you, and they can take them away whenever they want. Even with something like Steam, you lose all your games if the company ever goes bust. Which they haven't yet, but it is a bit of a worry...

Ya, ownership is a big thing for me.  As all these services raise prices, merge into packages, etc, etc. I just keep watching my media like nothing happened with no fees at all if I don't want to add anything new.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 6:59 AM, Kyng said:

On 9/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, Uncrowned Guard said:

Ya, ownership is a big thing for me.  As all these services raise prices, merge into packages, etc, etc. I just keep watching my media like nothing happened with no fees at all if I don't want to add anything new.

That's the way I feel. Physical copies are yours. Plus, with the CD, DVD, you can take with you & play anywhere even if you don't have the service or even internet connection.

• 4 months later...

I haven't bought any physical media since we moved 9 years ago. When I realized how much stuff I had to pack or give away, it was way too much so we've been trying to downsize ever since. We don't have as many VHS videos and only had a handful of bluerays anyway. The CDs, wow, we have so many and it's hard to part with that beloved music. I also have cassettes but no player!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I buy physical media as much as I used to now since places like Amazon Prime, Netflix, and even Disney Plus and another where I live which is Now TV became more popular. I would much rather now just watch things through a subscription that I have rather than buy them physically.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would never get game downloads.  I prefer CDs or whatever method cause I'm old school in that way.  Well, one bad thing about that is kids.  They can be rough on games so downloads are preferable.