• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Less trolls nowadays?

Nebulous

Do you think trolls are less common in today's forum world?

Did you see more people trolling forums 5 or 10 years ago?

Do you think the fact that the average forum user is now over 30 years old has anything with the decline in trolls? Do you think a decline in teenagers using forums has anything to do with it?

• Like 1

AdSense Advertisement

On 12/21/2022 at 8:02 AM, Nebulous said:

Do you think trolls are less common in today's forum world?

Did you see more people trolling forums 5 or 10 years ago?

Do you think the fact that the average forum user is now over 30 years old has anything with the decline in trolls? Do you think a decline in teenagers using forums has anything to do with it?

I'd say it is on a decline.  The older user base and the less dominate spot in user engagement has likely pushed trolls to make a living on Social Media and other platforms.  But there are certainly still some around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I miss the “traditional” trolls where they just took the piss out of a community and would show how silly they are. Like making a comment to piss off an uptight community.

After more people started using the internet, troll means “anyone that’s an asshole”.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think in days past that staff was not as quick to ban trolls, so they took advantage and there were a lot around. Today we don't put up with that stuff like we used to because oftentimes it's not good for our SEO. I see trolls mostly in the comment sections of news sites. That's their new playground.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have definitely noticed a huge difference in trolls that come on forums now to cause trouble or just do what they can to make a forum owner's life difficult. I feel a lot of the trolls that used to frequent forums now have turned their interests to social media and a lot of the trolls we see now on social media are probably those who used to troll on forums. 

We may still see some trolls on forums but it is never anything as bad as it used to be.

• 9 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 11:42 AM, Nebulous said:

I think all the trolls were in fact teenagers. They love the chaos and drama. We have an older crowd nowadays and while they can be opinionated, they usually aren't up to no good.

Hear!! Hear!! 

Most of them are just silly kids who doesn't know anything about life for them to be behaving like they are depraved online. Although, there are some older people who do the same thing too.