• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

School uniform or Regular clothes

Do you prefer school uniform or regular clothes? Either for you going to school or for your kids?

Both have their advantages & disadvantages. My school was public so just wore regular clothes. I wouldn't prefer uniforms in school because people need to establish their own identity especially as kids. But I can see how some would want to be, literal, uniform to everybody else. What do you think?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

We didn't have a school uniform since I went to public school. There was actually talk one year of switching to uniforms and I was horrified because I was a heavy girl and didn't know if there would be clothing to fit me, but of course there would be, I wasn't THAT huge. 

Looking back, I see how having uniforms can stop the poor kids like me from feeling bad that they couldn't afford the designer name clothing. But the uniforms back then in the 80s were absolutely awful. 

• 2 months later...

I live in England, UK and over here all kids have to wear a blazer, tie, dress pants and black leather shoes. They also can not wear ankle socks either. It is quite strict.

I can understand them having a uniform so that all children dress the same and there is no competition but I never understood the strictness of some of the uniform. 

• 2 months later...

I'm all in support for school uniforms but there's a condition which is attached to it for me. Education is stage by stage. So, if you're still in the stage where uniform is needed, there shouldn't be any compromise. 

• 6 months later...

It doesn't end some kids thinking they're better than others, but besides that, I can't really say if I favor uniforms or not.  Well, it comes across as foreign to me cause I went to public schools in the US and in that case I don't like it, but without real concrete reasons.

On 1/25/2023 at 9:15 PM, Kyng said:

We had school uniform, except for the final two years of high school. 

Myself, I didn't mind the school uniform while I was wearing it, but it did feel liberating when I didn't need it any more!

I felt something like that when I graduated or promoted from junior class to senior class. In the junior class, we wore shorts but the seniors wore trousers. It felt so good when I started wearing trousers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 2:41 AM, Heatman said:

I felt something like that when I graduated or promoted from junior class to senior class. In the junior class, we wore shorts but the seniors wore trousers. It felt so good when I started wearing trousers. 

As far as I know, kids can wear decent length shorts to American public schools.  However, it does seem disrespectful, but I don't think many think about it too much.   Anyway, in certain climates or seasons  a lot of clothes can be very uncomfortable, unless there is air conditioning.

Edited by Jason