• πŸš€ Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! πŸš€

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

πŸ‘‹ Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

πŸ‘‰ Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech!Β πŸ‘ˆ

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

The generation raised on phones

We are at a point where there is a completely new generation raised on cell phones. I watched a quick video yesterday comparing two generations and I'm in the older group, of course! The two were asked to pretend they were talking on the phone. The way they held up their hand was completely different from one another. Then they were asked to take a picture, and the little girl did a "selfie" type. haha The old timer in my generation did it the old-fashioned way where you hold a real camera in front of you.Β 

What do you think of this generation that is raised on a phone?

• Like 1

AdSense Advertisement

I actually think it will be a good thing for them in the long run.Β  The current adult generation has been slowly introduced to tech over time and some still avoid it.Β  This has created numerous issues when it comes to raising kids and handling careers that have moved to the tech space.Β 

At the end of the day, tech is here and they will be better off being enveloped in it all their life.Β  Ethically, I also believe their generation will grow up to handle tech, social media life, and big tech companies in a much more logical and effective fashion then then the current leadership.

Granted, I do see some hiccups along the way, but every major generational change has had those.Β  Although these hiccups are likely to be much more public due to the society they will affect and appear to much worse at face value, but likely much less by direct comparison.

• 7 months later...

It's at least something that keeps people occupied and out of trouble, and not to mention, there are apps like Life360 that can keep you safe by knowing where your friends and family are. But, it has probably taken a toll on people's social lives where they socialize more via phones than IRL. It might also affect your mental health in different ways depending on what you're using it for. But for the most part, I really don't know what I'd do without a smartphone at this point in time. It's become like a part of me.