• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Logitech Restructures: Blue Brand Phased Out, Astro and Yeti Join Logitech G

As the tectonic plates of the tech industry continue to shift, Logitech charts a new course by bringing together two acclaimed brands under the umbrella of Logitech G. In a dramatic reshuffle, Logitech is relegating the Blue Microphones brand to history and wrapping its core technology into Logitech G, while Astro remains an intact premium console audio product series, albeit within the broader Logitech G portfolio. 

Back in 2017, Logitech put $85 million on the table to acquire Astro, the gaming headset titan. The following year, Blue Microphones, the famed mic manufacturer, joined the Logitech family for an impressive $177 million. Now, the narrative takes an intriguing twist as Logitech consolidates these acquisitions within the Logitech G framework, designed to cater to gamers and streamers worldwide.

As per the brand merger FAQ from Logitech, the Blue Microphones name will recede, yet its legacy will live on through the acclaimed Yeti brand, which will find a new home within Logitech G. Meanwhile, Astro is set to retain its brand identity within the Logitech G realm, and in fact, anticipates a product launch in the near future. 

A stroll through Logitech's digital storefront already offers a glimpse of this shift, with Yeti microphones now being sold "with Blue VO!CE," effectively sidelining the once-dominant Blue brand. However, fans of Astro need not fret, as Astrogaming.com continues to remain operational.

The tech landscape has seen numerous mergers and acquisitions over the years, yet not all have culminated in a brand dissolution like Blue's. Corsair, HP, and Razer, to name a few, have maintained the brand identities of their acquisitions, making Logitech's strategy somewhat unique in the industry. 

It's unclear why Logitech chose to phase out the influential Blue and Astro brands, which pioneered the microphone-for-streamers and high-end gaming headset categories, respectively. Yet, it appears that in the duel between Blue and Yeti, Yeti emerged as the resonant victor. 

Logitech frames this as an opportunity for synergy, promising an integrated control experience for formerly Blue, Astro, and Logitech Creator products within the Logitech G software suite. As this tech tale continues to unfold, it remains to be seen how users and industry observers will react to this change of guard.

View full article

AdSense Advertisement

Right now, the only thing I have of Logitech is their Ergo MX mouse, trackball. This one is wireless & normally I prefer wired as the wireless tends to have too many glitches, but this newer one is actually going smoothly! I never tried their microphones but I'm also not into video chats.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 8:06 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Right now, the only thing I have of Logitech is their Ergo MX mouse, trackball. This one is wireless & normally I prefer wired as the wireless tends to have too many glitches, but this newer one is actually going smoothly! I never tried their microphones but I'm also not into video chats.

I love the entire MX mouse lineup!  I keep telling myself that I will get the whole lineup someday.  Granted, they are also the only Logitech products I currently own.  I have had a few of their keyboards, but never was impressed.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:52 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

I love the entire MX mouse lineup!  I keep telling myself that I will get the whole lineup someday.  Granted, they are also the only Logitech products I currently own.  I have had a few of their keyboards, but never was impressed.

What other MX mouses do you like? I've only tried this trackball. The keyboard I have is an ergonomic Microsoft one. I am in need of a newer one as this one is quite old but I looked into the updated versions & they are designed much different so my wrists were killing me.

13 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

What other MX mouses do you like? I've only tried this trackball. The keyboard I have is an ergonomic Microsoft one. I am in need of a newer one as this one is quite old but I looked into the updated versions & they are designed much different so my wrists were killing me.

I have the MX Anywhere for work and the MX Master for home.  I love both of them, the Anywhere is a bit small but good for travel.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:55 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

I have the MX Anywhere for work and the MX Master for home.  I love both of them, the Anywhere is a bit small but good for travel.

Have you tried the Trackball or Vertical ones?

Edited by ZandraJoi