• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Favorite Forum Software

• 2 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Aerodynamic said:

It's a tie between Invision Community and XenForo. It if it wasn't for the 3rd party developers, I'd pick InvisionCommunity.

Curious you said Xenforo, while you're running Invision on all of your forums,  @Uncrowned Guard Care to elaborate on that? 😄

So I do believe XF beats IPS head to head when it comes to the forums.  The battle has seen XF mostly sit idle as IPS has caught back up, but XF's dedication to just building a forum shows. Granted, the differences are pretty minor at this point and none of them would really be a benefit for me.

The problem is after the forums.  Once you leave the forum battle, IPS offers a full suite of community tools and applications that XF (including Bob's awesome add-ons) just can't complete with and normally don't even have an alternative to offer.  

The largest issue was actually the article and CMS systems. Here we merely use a template to make our pages look a bit better and everything else is handled by IPS without any need for third parties.  XF offers nothing at this level and all the third party tools I have seen really struggle with a "database" looking design vs a user friendly look.

Now the only issue with this post is Invision Community 5 coming next year and it looks amazing and so far XF does not appear to have anything to answer with.

• Like 1

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.