• ๐Ÿš€ Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! ๐Ÿš€

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

๐Ÿ‘‹ Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us โ€“ where curiosity meets community!

๐Ÿ‘‰ Join us โ€“ it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech!ย ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Nationwide Alert: FEMA Tests Emergency Systems Across Multiple Devices

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have united to conduct a comprehensive test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), demonstrating their commitment to national preparedness on Wednesday, around 2:20 PM ET.

Comprehensive Testing: Uninterrupted Coverage

In an unparalleled effort to ensure seamless emergency communication, the test encompassed a spectrum of devices, spanning cellphones, radios, and TVs. This meant that every cellphone within the proximity of a cell tower and connected to a participating wireless carrier received the test alert, with no option for users to opt out. Unlike the national alert transmitted in 2021, and recalling the unavoidable nature of the Presidential Alert test in 2018, every operational cellphone received this message, regardless of user preference. The alerts appeared in either English or Spanish, in accordance with usersโ€™ language settings.

The Aim: Refined and Effective Warning Systems

FEMA articulated that this extensive trial aimed to affirm the continuous efficacy of these systems as viable means to disseminate warnings about national-level emergencies to the public. As per legislation enacted in 2015, FEMA is mandated to assess the Integrated Public Alert & Warning System (IPAWS) at least once every three years to ensure its operational effectiveness and relevance.

The test was meticulously designed not to disrupt ongoing phone calls and only persisted for 30 minutes. It conveyed a clear and concise message, accentuated by a loud tone, informing recipients that it was merely a test of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System and required no action. Those who preferred not to experience the alert could simply turn off their devices, ensuring they would not be disturbed by the sudden blare.

A Similar Approach Across Platforms

Parallel messages were dispatched to TVs and radios that were operational and synced to a broadcast station, including satellite radio or TV services, and cable or wireless TV. These media outlets relayed similar messages, reinforcing the comprehensive nature of this national preparedness test.

This widespread and unyielding test by FEMA and the FCC highlights the significant strides made in national emergency alert mechanisms, ensuring the public remains informed and prepared for potential national-level emergencies. The inescapable nature of this alert underscores the importance placed on keeping the populace abreast of critical information, reflecting a robust and continually evolving emergency communication landscape.

View full article

AdSense Advertisement

I have emergency alerts disabled on my phone so I didn't get this. I think it can be useful in certain circumstances but I am not someone that is glued to my phone. I am on my desktop more than anything else so I get my news as it happens and follow people on X that break news. I like to be informed outside of the government and mainstream media but that is just me!

14 hours ago, brinxy29 said:

I have emergency alerts disabled on my phone so I didn't get this. I think it can be useful in certain circumstances but I am not someone that is glued to my phone. I am on my desktop more than anything else so I get my news as it happens and follow people on X that break news. I like to be informed outside of the government and mainstream media but that is just me!

Oddly enough, this test was supposed to be like the 2018 test and override that setting.ย  It sounds like that did not work.