• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Thanksgiving Traditions: Share Your Celebrations or Alternatives!

As the leaves change color and the air grows crisp, many of us look forward to Thanksgiving — a time for gratitude, feasting, and family. But traditions can vary widely. Do you gather around a turkey, try out new recipes, volunteer, or even forego the holiday altogether? Whether you're all about the parade, the football game, or a unique ritual that's all your own, we'd love to hear about it. And if Thanksgiving isn't part of your annual celebrations, what do you do instead? Share your stories, customs, or alternative ways of observing (or not observing) Thanksgiving in this thread!

Charlie Brown Eating GIF by Peanuts

AdSense Advertisement

We used to go visit my husband's family but his parents have since passed away. Then Christmas we would go to my parents. Now we do both holidays with my parents. We make a simple meal of roast with potatoes & gravy. None of us do pie anymore lol For us, the holidays are us 4 getting together just like any other visit we have with each other. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

We used to go visit my husband's family but his parents have since passed away. Then Christmas we would go to my parents. Now we do both holidays with my parents. We make a simple meal of roast with potatoes & gravy. None of us do pie anymore lol For us, the holidays are us 4 getting together just like any other visit we have with each other. 🙂

We have also downsized our meals and generally don't even have turkey for Thanksgiving anymore. We used to have large family meals and such but now there is only one remaining grand parent between me and the wife's family, so we generally head there and have more of a get together than a Thanksgiving meal. Overall it's just too challenging to haul a fully cooked turkey around then it is to take a couple trays of food and desserts.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 2:06 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

We have also downsized our meals and generally don't even have turkey for Thanksgiving anymore. We used to have large family meals and such but now there is only one remaining grand parent between me and the wife's family, so we generally head there and have more of a get together than a Thanksgiving meal. Overall it's just too challenging to haul a fully cooked turkey around then it is to take a couple trays of food and desserts.

When I was young, we had big dinners with both turkey & ham. Although most preferred the ham lol But like you, as time goes on & kids grow up & move on, it's less & less.