• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Move Out at 18

Should kids move out at 18?    Do you feel kids are too immature these days?   If they were mature, would that mean they could even marry at a younger age, like in the old days (from a western perspective)?

AdSense Advertisement

I don’t think anybody should, but if they can afford it, I don’t see why not.

Though if they’re still gonna live with their parents, they should either have a job and/or go to college. At least do something productive with themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the way house prices are here in the UK, it's pretty much impossible for many people to move out at 18. In fact, a decent number of people (myself included) still haven't moved out at 30! 

Though, I do at least have a job, so that's something 😛

3 hours ago, Kyng said:

Given the way house prices are here in the UK, it's pretty much impossible for many people to move out at 18. In fact, a decent number of people (myself included) still haven't moved out at 30! 

Though, I do at least have a job, so that's something 😛

I don’t shit on people who still live with their parents, I do shit on them if they’re a NEET. Sadly they usually have a shitty personality to go along with it.

There are many reasons to move out but age should not be a factor. Some at 18, as long as they have a steady job & help out, may not be able to take care of the real-world issues such as paying bills on time. Some may find they are close to their parents & help out.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:57 PM, Grungie said:

I don’t shit on people who still live with their parents, I do shit on them if they’re a NEET. Sadly they usually have a shitty personality to go along with it.

What is a NEET?   What kind of crappy personality do you mean?

20 hours ago, Jason said:

What is a NEET?   What kind of crappy personality do you mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET

They’re usually spoiled brats, except more annoying because instead of some 10 year old kid acting like that, it’s a grown adult. I’ve met a handful on forums, and they trash talk their parents all the time over first world problems like they’re still stuck in that rebellious teenager phase.

”My dad’s an asshole, he won’t buy me that new Call of Duty game”.

Dude… you’re 30…

6 minutes ago, Grungie said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET

They’re usually spoiled brats, except more annoying because instead of some 10 year old kid acting like that, it’s a grown adult. I’ve met a handful on forums, and they trash talk their parents all the time over first world problems like they’re still stuck in that rebellious teenager phase.

”My dad’s an asshole, he won’t buy me that new Call of Duty game”.

Dude… you’re 30…

I could imagine anger over an inheritance, but not that.   Well, even with an inheritance, some parents don't give that out - because they say it spoils people.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I could imagine anger over an inheritance, but not that. 

That's the problem with those guys, it's whining about first world problems like your parents not buying you video games, or how your parents are assholes for telling you to get a job.

6 hours ago, Grungie said:

That's the problem with those guys, it's whining about first world problems like your parents not buying you video games, or how your parents are assholes for telling you to get a job.

Well, that's what social conservatives are bringing up about the anti-bullying movement etc..  In fact, people are too soft, but that's not saying that outright misogynic abuse is OK, though.

My personal view is that a lot of people are cursed.   There's this whole group of people on disability when their problems are exaggerated and the end-game is to make them weak and servants of the state (state programs etc.).