Jump to content
  • 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

    Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

    👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

    Why Join Us?

    • Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

    Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

    👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


Move Out at 18


Recommended Posts

Should kids move out at 18?    Do you feel kids are too immature these days?   If they were mature, would that mean they could even marry at a younger age, like in the old days (from a western perspective)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AdSense Advertisement


I don’t think anybody should, but if they can afford it, I don’t see why not.

Though if they’re still gonna live with their parents, they should either have a job and/or go to college. At least do something productive with themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Given the way house prices are here in the UK, it's pretty much impossible for many people to move out at 18. In fact, a decent number of people (myself included) still haven't moved out at 30! 

 

Though, I do at least have a job, so that's something 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kyng said:

Given the way house prices are here in the UK, it's pretty much impossible for many people to move out at 18. In fact, a decent number of people (myself included) still haven't moved out at 30! 

 

Though, I do at least have a job, so that's something 😛

I don’t shit on people who still live with their parents, I do shit on them if they’re a NEET. Sadly they usually have a shitty personality to go along with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are many reasons to move out but age should not be a factor. Some at 18, as long as they have a steady job & help out, may not be able to take care of the real-world issues such as paying bills on time. Some may find they are close to their parents & help out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2024 at 3:57 PM, Grungie said:

I don’t shit on people who still live with their parents, I do shit on them if they’re a NEET. Sadly they usually have a shitty personality to go along with it.

What is a NEET?   What kind of crappy personality do you mean?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jason said:

What is a NEET?   What kind of crappy personality do you mean?

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET
 

They’re usually spoiled brats, except more annoying because instead of some 10 year old kid acting like that, it’s a grown adult. I’ve met a handful on forums, and they trash talk their parents all the time over first world problems like they’re still stuck in that rebellious teenager phase.

”My dad’s an asshole, he won’t buy me that new Call of Duty game”.

Dude… you’re 30…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Grungie said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET
 

They’re usually spoiled brats, except more annoying because instead of some 10 year old kid acting like that, it’s a grown adult. I’ve met a handful on forums, and they trash talk their parents all the time over first world problems like they’re still stuck in that rebellious teenager phase.

”My dad’s an asshole, he won’t buy me that new Call of Duty game”.

Dude… you’re 30…

I could imagine anger over an inheritance, but not that.   Well, even with an inheritance, some parents don't give that out - because they say it spoils people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Grungie said:

That's the problem with those guys, it's whining about first world problems like your parents not buying you video games, or how your parents are assholes for telling you to get a job.

Well, that's what social conservatives are bringing up about the anti-bullying movement etc..  In fact, people are too soft, but that's not saying that outright misogynic abuse is OK, though.

My personal view is that a lot of people are cursed.   There's this whole group of people on disability when their problems are exaggerated and the end-game is to make them weak and servants of the state (state programs etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.