• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Is YouTube Killing Small Creators?

There are many creators pointing out that YouTube has been pushing mainstream content over creator content to its users and many claim that is happening contrary to what those users are subbed to and looking for.

The question is, do you believe YouTube is pushing smaller channels down to promote mainstream media and such? 

There was a recent video posted by Shadiversity (although you can find many others) explaining the issues:

• 4 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

25 minutes ago, ZandraJoi said:

YouTube used to be just that, You Tube. Where anybody could make a channel. Now, it's more about the bigwigs & they are big as well on censorship. Pushing their one-sided agenda which I don't think is fair.

It does very much feel like it is has lost the small creator side of the platform.  And sadly that does not make it anymore appealing to me as the push for big media means I get more recommended videos about things that are on TV or in other media outlets instead of new content.

• Happy 1

• 8 months later...

I do feel as though YouTube does give those that are more popular the better end of YouTube. I have been on YouTube for a while and I was pushing content out almost consistently for 5 years.

I still now struggle to get the push I need to reach partner even though I put the work in. YouTube used to be a platform for everyone but now it seems like it's more of a platform for those who can make YouTube the most money and that is sad to see. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

YouTube was built off the backs of small content creators who worked their butts off the gain a following. Now YouTube would rather work with mainstream media and larger corporations to avoid issues with another ad-pocalypse. They also suppress channels that aren't earning them anything making it next to impossible to grow on there now. A lot of people have moved to Rumble for this reason but Rumble has its issues too. 

On 10/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, brinxy29 said:

YouTube was built off the backs of small content creators who worked their butts off the gain a following. Now YouTube would rather work with mainstream media and larger corporations to avoid issues with another ad-pocalypse. They also suppress channels that aren't earning them anything making it next to impossible to grow on there now. A lot of people have moved to Rumble for this reason but Rumble has its issues too. 

Ya, Rumble is in a great spot right now, but they seem to be poorly delivering on it.  They still lack basic concepts like good API abilities and the uploading tools are pretty poor imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is about marketing and it takes big bucks to survive. For instance, at one time, I made a few hundred USD a month from Adsense, but now SEO is way too difficult and would require way more work and/or money (work from hired people) to come out on top.  Well, that's the same with YouTube and everything really.

Edited by Jason

Looking how things are going for those I know that report earnings on youtube, it takes quite the bit of active uploading with videos properly edited in youtube to get the views needed for even 100 per month. Figuring if I were to do something like that, I would want to make sure that I have a pretty good active subscriber base to even consider taking the offer to run ads on videos, without running sponsor segments.

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, ZandraJoi said:

YouTube used to be just that, You Tube. Where anybody could make a channel. Now, it's more about the bigwigs & they are big as well on censorship. Pushing their one-sided agenda which I don't think is fair.

This is practically the reason why so many other streaming services started popping up here and there to give smaller content creators a lifeline and they're grabbing it with both. It's the same thing with what Twitch is doing as well to small content creators. They are being suppressed so hard. 

• Thanks 1