• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do fancy themes attract you to a site?

Since I'm not good at themes, I have to use from our Proboards Library. I'm honestly not good at the bells & whistles. I'm an introvert who prefers writing over talking so incorporate that into my forum. There's also something to be said about being overly done. To me, if a forum is too busy looking (not the activity, but popups, colors), I feel they are trying to overcompensate for something else. I tend to avoid forums where the themes are "loud".  

AdSense Advertisement

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't like busy themes that are distracting or visually overwhelming. I think that the theme really needs to fit the niche of the forum. If it's a professional site, it should look sophisticated and not childish. If it's a fun site, it better exude fun! 

If a site is boring but has the information I want, I don't leave because it's boring. But if a site is way too busy visually, I just can't stand to stick around for long.

• 2 weeks later...

I visit the website for just one simple reason that is content. I want the site to have fewer ads, a good layout, easy to navigate and a clean interface but I don't need fancy themes and a lot of decorations. I find too many visuals very distracting, I just want good content.

When it comes to the way I love forum or website themes to be used, it's should be as simple as possible. They can do fancy but let it not have too much noise in it otherwise it's going to kill my interest immediately as it will make it uncomfortable for me using the site. 

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of themes, I've always used the dark theme on here, but I accidentally clicked the button to switch to the light theme. And I have to say, I rather like it! Very clean and simple... I think I'll use it from now on 🙂 .

When I go to a site, I tend to look at whether the site is clean looking, easy on the eye and easy to navigate. If all those are there then it doesn't bother me so much whether the theme is basic or fancy. 

Personally, I prefer to see a basic theme that looks professional at clean. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, Bizdustry said:

Yes and no. Provided the themes are not ‘over crowded and cause the website speed to be negatively impacted, the answer would be yes. It does really depend on the theme/style that the website owner chooses

Exactly! Once there's too much details in the theme, it's definitely going to fail at getting me to stay on the website for long. I don't find it using anything that causes me mental stress and that's what a theme that's too much does to me. 

• 2 months later...