• Advertisement

• Advertisement

• Advertisement

Friends with different political views

Nebulous

• 1 month later...

I can be civil. I'm of the Agree to Disagree. Problem with that is, it's gone by the wayside. So many Movements out there demanding Equal Rights when all it does is lean rights to one side. Theirs. & if you don't believe, don't agree, you are shunned.

I have no problem being friends with others who differ from my beliefs. I won't waste my time, however, on those who, while they demand they be heard, don't listen to others.

• 1 month later...

I'm friends with a lot of people of different political beliefs. I'm generally not friends with extremists, and it has less to do with their beliefs, and more to do with them just being insufferable people. They tend to be the types of people where they base their personality off of one defining feature about them.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have friends from all across the spectrum. Admittedly, there are some people I just don't talk politics with if I can avoid it - but, it doesn't stop me from being friends with them if we have other stuff in common.

Generally, different political views is only a problem for me if:

a) They want to try and convince me to join their side, or;

b) They plan to talk about politics all the time, or;

c) They have views that are genuinely beyond the pale (as in, truly fascist or something like that).

Edited by Kyng
  • Like 1