• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Friends with different political views

• 1 month later...

AdSense Advertisement

I can be civil. I'm of the Agree to Disagree. Problem with that is, it's gone by the wayside. So many Movements out there demanding Equal Rights when all it does is lean rights to one side. Theirs. & if you don't believe, don't agree, you are shunned.

I have no problem being friends with others who differ from my beliefs. I won't waste my time, however, on those who, while they demand they be heard, don't listen to others.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm friends with a lot of people of different political beliefs. I'm generally not friends with extremists, and it has less to do with their beliefs, and more to do with them just being insufferable people. They tend to be the types of people where they base their personality off of one defining feature about them.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have friends from all across the spectrum. Admittedly, there are some people I just don't talk politics with if I can avoid it - but, it doesn't stop me from being friends with them if we have other stuff in common.

Generally, different political views is only a problem for me if:

a) They want to try and convince me to join their side, or;

b) They plan to talk about politics all the time, or;

c) They have views that are genuinely beyond the pale (as in, truly fascist or something like that).

Edited by Kyng
  • Like 2

I'm friends who have all kinds of political beliefs. As long as they don't push their beliefs onto me or call me names, which is what people tend to do when they run out of facts for their positions, then we're fine. I WILL set boundaries when needed and make sure they stick to those boundaries and don't cross any lines. It's easier in person to have these types of discussions because you are more aware that you're talking to a human being. Online, people are more aggressive. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand that everyone has different political views from me and that does not affect the relationship or friendship that I have with someone at all. I respect their views and opinions and I expect them to respect mine as well. I tend to not go into political discussions as it can sometimes cause a lot of issues. 

• 4 weeks later...

I view friendship along political lines, as pretty much this: If you want to talk about it all the time, without asking if I want to talk about it before the conversation starts, we might not be the best of friends in a couple years, if that is the only thing that is talked about.

I prefer to develop friendship with people that know to not continually talk about politics. I get enough of it from my family, don't want to have to deal with it from everyone. 😄

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Seeing as I don't have many political views, I guess the answer to the question defaults to yes, I could be friends with someone with different political views. Some of my family love different presidents that we haven't particularly liked, but we still love them like the family they are.

• 2 months later...

I can be friends with people of different views in many cases.  However, some views are so obnoxious and/or revolting that I can't deal with it.  In fact, some people with those views will bully those who oppose them, so how is it even possible to "live and let live" with those types?

Edited by Jason

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't have any problems with being friends with someone with a different political views. As long as the person isn't being stupid with how he or she behaves. I have a friend whom I had to cut off because he was being silly over his own political views and making enemies of everyone who doesn't support him. I had to let him go. 

• 2 months later...

I've stopped discussing politics on Facebook because what I'm saying isn't cool on there, mainly because most of the people are Trump supporters and they brand all opponents as soft (snowflakes etc.) and there is plenty of passive aggression and, in fact, it goes offline also, in many circumstances. Well, It amazes me how fired up people are over politics. 

Note: I made some comic comment over snowflakes and chainsaws in some forums  because I'm so fed up with the political bullying by both sides.  Of course, real people involved in this fighting don't find it funny.

Edited by Jason