• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Are self-driving cars a good or bad idea?

AdSense Advertisement

When I was younger, I had always wished we had these types of cars. I thought of all the time people would save. But now that technology IS advancing, it doesn’t seem as good now. There’s too many things that can go wrong. I rather drive myself. Then if I get in an accident, it’s human error, not computer error. Unless of course the accident was caused by a self-driving car! Then I’d be mad lol

• Like 1

I dislike driving, so yes, I'd love to have one of these one day. 

Of course, I'd want the technology to be thoroughly tested first, so that I could be confident that the chances of a computer error were less than the chances of a human error.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So far, all I've heard concerning automobiles that have a capability to be on auto-pilot are the failures. I wouldn't want everyone on a system that has a high rate of failure. You can't predict what an animal will do, so how is a computer going to deal with animals on country roads? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't trust enough to fall asleep or not watch the road while driving. I'd let it do its self driving thing but I'd be there ready to slam on the breaks or swerve out of the way if a situation is about to go down.

The car I have now has a pretty advanced cruise control feature. It has radar and can sense cars in front of me so when I have it turned on all I have to do is steer the car. It'll do all the breaking and accelerating on its own. I am always watching though. I don't trust it completely.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At the moment, I would not trust self-driving vehicles as I feel more needs to be done to make them a lot safer. Do I feel that overtime they may be reliable and safe and something we will see more of? More than likely but they have a lot to go through first before we see this happen. 

• 1 month later...

Personally, I have a very serious trust issues. It's going to be very difficult for me to trust the technology behind self driving cars. I might be open to buying the car but will hardly make use of the self driving feature. 

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.