• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Yearly Inspection and Emissions testing for vehicles?

Where I live all vehicles (except for those purchased in that year new) need yearly inspections and emissions testing. It's a pain. I know there are people who go to shops that let them pass even though they have issues with the car like bad brakes or too dark of tint on the windows. There has to be that happening because these cars are on the road all the time! 

Does your area require that testing? How much to do you pay for it? 

• Like 1

AdSense Advertisement

I believe the concept is solid and should be done, but the real world implementation has been terrible.  Our area used to require both, but we dropped emissions as they found out that no one was testing it correctly.  The overall inspection is shady at best and simply a corrupt system at worst in this area.  Thankfully it is only around $50 to get a yearly inspection here, but it completely depends on where you go if an actual inspection preformed.

New cars are not to be inspected for the first 4 years. That is if they don't change owners. After 4 years they get another 2 years until inspection. Anything after that will go through inspection yearly. Inspection on brakes, tyres, body, suspension, lights, etc. The usual things. Very strictly looked after. Emissions are a joke. Many car factories release a car with emission specifications that are hardly true.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, we have this for cars that are over 3 years old.

It's quite expensive (up to £54.85, ignoring any money spent on getting the car roadworthy again!), but I'm grateful that we have it: I'd rather do that than unknowingly drive a death trap >_< .

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:22 AM, Joshua Farrell said:

Where I live, it is not required to have them tested. But if I move over state lines, 7 miles over, it is required to do emission tests.

This is exactly how it's done in my region. Personally, I do it on my own willingly especially whenever I'm driving on a long journey that's going to take at least 3 to 4 hours up. I will make sure everything is in order before I move out. 

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.