• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you like reading long text?

There some people who don't have any problems with reading a very long text. In fact, they enjoy reading. I would say those who like reading books with big volume enjoy reading long text. 

On the other hand, there are those who can't stand long text. Even long text messages bugs them to read. They may only be interested in skimming through such long text if it's something important to them. 

Which one are you in the two? 

Edited by Heatman

AdSense Advertisement

It really depends if I am honest as to whether the text in question is of interest to me or even if the text in question needed so many words before we got to a conclusion or a question. 

I don't mind reading long text but sometimes, I do feel that some people add on too much which can lead to a loss of interest when reading. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 11:49 PM, Shortie said:

I don't mind reading long text but sometimes, I do feel that some people add on too much which can lead to a loss of interest when reading. 

There's even another one which is when I'm chatting with someone. There are some then tend to type their chat long and it's going to look like a text. I don't find it easy reading them. 

I like it when one sends chat bit by bit. It's going to make it easy for me to reply each point in the chat unlike when it's all packed up in one long chat. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, Heatman said:

There's even another one which is when I'm chatting with someone. There are some then tend to type their chat long and it's going to look like a text. I don't find it easy reading them. 

I like it when one sends chat bit by bit. It's going to make it easy for me to reply each point in the chat unlike when it's all packed up in one long chat. 

I agree. I feel with too much you can lose your train of thought or even forget what you read, with it being in little bits, it tends to be better too as you say answer and also keep up with it so you do not miss anything. 

I guess it depends on what the topic is about. If we are just chatting about the weather, I don't need to read a lengthy weather report lol But if it's a deeper conversation & a friend is needing to talk, to vent, then I'm fine with it being long. It just may take me longer to read & hence reply.

On 7/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, Heatman said:

Well, provided the 'bits' aren't one or two words at a time... I had a friend who was like that, and it got super annoying!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:31 PM, Kyng said:

Well, provided the 'bits' aren't one or two words at a time... I had a friend who was like that, and it got super annoying!

I have had friends that have done this in the past and I will admit, it is very annoying. It seems like it's a habit they get into and can't seem to get out of. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dislike reading long texts unless it's a book I'm highly interested in. I'm just impatient to read through long texts when I think they could be described with fewer run-ons, and I get too easily distracted when I try to read long texts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don’t really like reading long text. I don’t actually read, I will skim and scan the text taking the important stuff from it, without sitting there for 10 minutes plus trying to figure out what to takeaway from it. I do like Articles that have Key Takeaways at the end instead of concluding what has been discussed

On 9/19/2023 at 2:25 AM, Cory said:

I dislike reading long texts unless it's a book I'm highly interested in. I'm just impatient to read through long texts when I think they could be described with fewer run-ons, and I get too easily distracted when I try to read long texts.

This is so me. As long as it's not a book, there's no way I would find it easy reading any long text in chat. No matter whatever the conversation is about, I would prefer to have them sent in bits. Once they are sent once in a long text, I will be fed up reading it.