• 🚀 Join the Uncrowned Addiction Community Today! 🚀

Say Goodbye to Ads and Hello to Tech Talk!

👋 Hey there, tech enthusiast! Noticed those pesky ads? Well, we've got great news for you! Sign up for free at Uncrowned Addiction and enjoy an ad-free experience as part of our vibrant tech community.

Why Join Us?

• Friendly Community: Connect with fellow tech lovers in a welcoming and supportive environment.
    • Engaging Discussions: From the latest tech trends to timeless tech debates, dive into discussions that matter to you.
    • Share Your Knowledge: Got tech insights or questions? This is your platform to share, learn, and grow.
    • Ad-Free Browsing: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Becoming part of Uncrowned Addiction means joining a community where your love for technology is shared and celebrated. Sign up now and start your journey with us – where curiosity meets community!

👉 Join us – it's free, it's fun, and it's all about tech! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Chit Chat Thread

AdSense Advertisement

Good evening all! Hope everyone is having a great start to their week and has had a great Monday.

I woke with a migraine this morning so spent much of it in bed but the migraine has eased so that is a plus. 

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Happy Weekend! Last one in July. What do you do on your weekends @Uncrowned Guard? We either work around the house & yard, go garage saling, or 5 times a year, have garage sales at my parents. Our 3rd one will be next weekend.

I work two weekends, then get two weekends off.  So mostly work on stuff around the house and get little tasks done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

Do you work 7 days a week or is it still a 5 day workweek? What is your job?

Now I work in Nuclear Security and the schedule is a bit crazy.  It is a 4-week rotation it is set with 12-hour sets on rotating days.  It would be quite hard to explain, but basically, 3 weeks are a mix of days on and off and the 4th is a 7 day off week.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

Now I work in Nuclear Security and the schedule is a bit crazy.  It is a 4-week rotation it is set with 12-hour sets on rotating days.  It would be quite hard to explain, but basically, 3 weeks are a mix of days on and off and the 4th is a 7 day off week.

Does the crazy schedule make it hard to have a life? Sleep even? I always liked having set hours. Have you been late because you forgot you had to work that day? That would be a worry for me!

So what is Nuclear Security? 🙂

On 8/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, Shortie said:

Happy Sunday all! I hope everyone has had a great weekend and is enjoying it doing something they enjoy! 

Hoping this week will be better weather wise but time will tell 🙂 

Happy Saturday to you! We are doing enough but it's never enough of what we want lol for the summer. Never enough time. Nor money lol

Is the weather better there now?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

Does the crazy schedule make it hard to have a life? Sleep even? I always liked having set hours. Have you been late because you forgot you had to work that day? That would be a worry for me!

So what is Nuclear Security? 🙂

It is basically a better version of my old EMS schedule that I had for the last 10+ years, so as crazy as it sounds, it is an improvement for my life lol.  Overall, we protect our nuclear plant from hostile persons. 

11 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

Is the weather better there now?

It's starting to get better now, we have had a few warm and humid days and it was windy today with some rain but not a lot. We are expecting it to get really hot over the next week, possibly towards the end of the week. It is nice it is starting to feel more like summer but it's also too warm and humid, we can't win. 

Happy Saturday or Sunday now at least for me! 🙂 I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! 

On 8/12/2023 at 7:04 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

It is basically a better version of my old EMS schedule that I had for the last 10+ years, so as crazy as it sounds, it is an improvement for my life lol.  Overall, we protect our nuclear plant from hostile persons. 

Sounds like a very important job! Do you ever have some fears working in such an environment?

On 8/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, Shortie said:

It's starting to get better now, we have had a few warm and humid days and it was windy today with some rain but not a lot. We are expecting it to get really hot over the next week, possibly towards the end of the week. It is nice it is starting to feel more like summer but it's also too warm and humid, we can't win. 

Happy Saturday or Sunday now at least for me! 🙂 I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! 

We've been having high winds here as well. Today is finally winding down. But we got some good 4" of rain this week. Really perked up my flowers.

I can handle the heat but I too don't care for the humidity. I rather have the "dry heat". Not where you feel you have to take another shower just stepping out the door lol

• Like 1

Happy Saturday! It's turned warm and humid again today but it is also windy. We had a lot of rain last night but I will admit, it was very much needed. We are expecting the weather to be warm and humid now for the next few days. 

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! 🙂

Well, I had a nice week with my sister (who came home for her birthday). We saw my grandma; then saw one of our friends; then went to a garden, and finally, had a birthday dinner at our favourite Indian restaurant.

She went home earlier today, which was a bit sad - but, I was glad to have her here!

On 8/19/2023 at 8:48 AM, ZandraJoi said:

Sounds like a very important job! Do you ever have some fears working in such an environment?

The training is around 6 months+, so you feel fairly prepared for the job.  But it is certainly a different field to work in. 

1 hour ago, Kyng said:

Well, I had a nice week with my sister (who came home for her birthday). We saw my grandma; then saw one of our friends; then went to a garden, and finally, had a birthday dinner at our favourite Indian restaurant.

She went home earlier today, which was a bit sad - but, I was glad to have her here!

At least it sounds like you had a good time while she was there!

• Thanks 1

Happy Monday all! Been quite a weekend but I am confident that after thinking things through and also working on a few things my next steps will be the best for myself. 

I hope Monday has been amazing for everyone, I always say that if Monday goes well the rest of the week should so fingers crossed that is the case for everyone 🙂

On 9/10/2023 at 10:18 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

Hope you are having a good weekend!

I did! Getting some of the "Fall" chores done. Not ready for cold weather lol

What chores do you find you have to do for this time of year?

On 9/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Shortie said:

Happy Monday all! Been quite a weekend but I am confident that after thinking things through and also working on a few things my next steps will be the best for myself. 

I hope Monday has been amazing for everyone, I always say that if Monday goes well the rest of the week should so fingers crossed that is the case for everyone 🙂

Here's to doing what you need to do for yourself 🙂

Edited by ZandraJoi
  • Like 1